Tuesday, January 8, 2008

being home was so good but so hard at the same time, my heart was torn and i never got over jet lag (probably because of the two all nighters). it was so great that relationships picked up right where they left off but it made me long for that closeness with friends again especially when germany is such a struggle right now. today i woke up in florida and i just felt happy. the sun was shining, i didnt feel any stress or pressure and i just had this amazing peace. i spent most of the day laying out (i may even be a little sun burned) it was fantastic, i love the sun. and i know that we were never promised happiness but its so nice when the Lord blesses us with it.

4 comments:

X-tina said...

I am glad to hear Fl is good! I had so much fun spending time with you last week!

Muetteronomy said...

It was so great to see you and hear about the things going on in Germany. I'll be praying for you my friend. I think of you often when I hear certain songs, or simply open my blog. Just know you are truly loved. And I came across Philippians 2:1-5 this week and thought it might encourage you as it has me.

Anonymous said...

"The shadow proves the sunshine." Isn't that what our friends at Switchfoot say? The beautiful times are even more so when we have something else to compare to, and a reason to appreciate them.

Herzliche wunschen im neues Jahr! (or something lile that)

Claire Koenig

mynameisandrea said...

:)