Monday, August 13, 2007

i dont know if i should just report the good things or if i should be honest, so i'll do both.
the good news...
as i may have said before i found a church home. its the 5pm sunday night service called fresh faith community, its a younger croud so i like that a lot. we also have fellowship meal after so its fun to hang out and eat with everyone. the chaplins are great and the music is really similar to vbc so i'm enjoying that a lot.
i've also been going to the navigators, we're going through the nooma videos which i think is a really cool study.
on friday i went to jen and her family to luxemburg (its a small country near germany) to see transformers. its not a movie i would typically like but i thought it was awesome. so that was good. i actually hung out with that crew every day this weekend which was a lot of fun.
i got molly (thats the name i decided on, i included that just for you spiz) insured today (my 1985 mercedes), and its about $100 cheaper a month than it was for me at home so that is nice.
i'm also feeling a lot more comfortable with people here and in the community here which has been good.

some neutral news...
i went swimming last thurs with one of the club kids and apparently pooping in the pool is not as big of a deal here in germany as it is in california. some kid pooped in the pool and they didnt shut it down or clean it or anything. it was so gross to see it break into parts and just kind of float around. fortunately there are like seven pools in the indoor pool place we went to so rosanna and i just went to a different one.

now for some honesty...
i miss home. a lot. this is really hard. i miss my friends (i miss having friends) i miss good conversations. i miss knowing my way around and being able to do things for myself. i also miss my bed. and i miss having a space that is my own where i'm not living out of boxes. i miss turning on the radio and having it be current music, not music that was current three months ago. i miss being able to buy things in a store instead of off the internet. i miss the good kind of fruit snacks. i miss having a group of kids that i hang out with regularly. i miss hugs from certain people. but mostly i just miss my friends. i'm totally crying as i write this.
its funny in church we were singing this song about asking God to use us and i wanted to get up and warn people to be careful when they tell God that.

8 comments:

Megan said...

aww Lauren I love you and miss you too. It is always really hard for your first few months away. But then it gets better. And before you realize it, you will have a solid group of friends out there (even if they do think it is cool to eat roadkill) and you will have your own inside jokes. And you will fall in love with the Euro. I promise. You will get home and think, dollars, ew, these are ugly, I miss the pretty colors of the Euro! haha I love you and I just prayed for you write now

Dan said...

if it makes you feel any better, i do a lot of internet shopping even when i'm at home. see, you're feeling better already! we (mel, ***********, and i, continue to pray for you. we miss you too!

brooke said...

praying lots for you...

Anonymous said...

just remember lauren, He never said it would be worth it, he only said i'd be easy-i mean, he never said it would be easy, he only said it be worth it! i know its hard right now but it will get easier and it will totally be so much more than worth it. ur rewards for being obedient are so beyond this world. God will bless you while your hear on earth and you will have stronger friendships in Germany soon, but also to hear him say, "Well done, my good and faithful child..." we can't even imagine the greatness. so for now, let me remind you we all still have tons of inside jokes with you, for example my intro, and just cause ur miles away doesn't mean we can't reminise and create new ones. so in two years you'll have twice as many inside jokes and friends, the ones we've created thru crazy technology and the ones you'll create over there which will soon be your second home. im praying for you and i miss and love you sooooooooo much!!
mandie

Anonymous said...

Molly...I like that! It looks like its the perfect name for your car. So really pooping in the pool? I bet you freaked out! Man kinda wish I could have been there to see your face...well really I wish I was just there with you. I miss you Dub!

Love you,
Julie

Jason Hicks said...

I'm glad to see the new car has a name. I always thought it was funny that you named your other car Patrick. Anyways I like that you also saw Transformers and liked it. That movie was awesome. Anyways thanks for the prayers and yeah....wait for it...I just prayed for you. Well, I'll talk to you later, aloha

Dan said...

did you get an email from my friend "tom"?

The Ton Face said...

Lauren, I don't think you should settle for any cheering up from Dan less then him revealing the name of his unborn child to you. ;-). I am constantly in your prayers.