Wednesday, November 21, 2007

yesterday was thanksgiving club. john and shannon left for the states so it was my first time running club on my own. it actually went pretty well (minus the hole that got put in the wall during turkey bowling). i gave my first club talk, ever. it wasnt the most eloquent talk but lots of people told me i did well, so thats encouraging i guess. i dont think teaching is my spiritual gift but just because something isnt our gift doesnt give us permission to avoid it. so i did it, and i'm glad its over, and that rosanna and patches are talking next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear lauren:
i am leaving a comment so you don't feel stalked.
the oracle

Dan said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lauren!

Tate can't stop talking about how excited he is to meet you. He even speaks German now.

See you soon!

Pletcher said...

Wallace,
I have finally discovered blogging (thanks to our recent COND blog) and I am glad you had a great thanksgiving. I didn't go home to TX, which was weird, but I spent in with the Conley's and Perry's and D-Bo. It was great. So pumped on your first club talk too! You should tape one and we can listen to it at our club :) Anyway, have a great weekend. MISS YOU!!!

Pletcher said...

p.s. I get to hang out with you for 2 weeks in Florida, and it's right around the corner!